thousands of campers and retreaters have experienced God in this outdoor ministry setting in various ways. In 1976 the Board of Lake Wapogasset Lutheran Bible Camp called Loren Teig as Director and Paul Halverson as Camp Manager. Under Loren and Paul's leadership the organization has experienced incredible growth and achieved many significant goals. In 1986, Martins Commons was built to be utilized as the dining hall, canteen, and camp store and is also the setting for the annual Christmas Dinner Theater. In 1992, Anderson Hall was dedicated in honor of dear friends of the camp. Tucked into the hillside, Anderson Hall can sleep 48 people and serves as the perfect retreat environment for a variety of groups. In 2004, the camp expanded its ability to host retreat groups with the addition of the Cross Fire Center. With this addition, came 128 more beds, numerous meetings spaces, a beautiful worship facility overlooking Lake Wapogasset, and a meditation chapel.
Since 1948 the year round staff has grown from 3 people to 27. In addition to tremendous growth at the Wapo site, LWLBC has added three additional sites to this camping ministry. In 1980 the Ox Lake property was purchased to provide a rustic camp setting with a global vision. Most recently, in 2001 LWLBC took over management and programming of Wilderness Canoe Base at the end of the Gunflint trail in the Boundary Waters.