We invite people to discover, nurture, and celebrate relationships with Jesus Christ, community, and the world. Our Core Values include:
• We are anchored in the faith and values of the Lutheran church, with an appreciation for all different expressions of faith.
• We value building partnerships with congregations and other organizations, households, and among staff across our several sites.
• We nurture faith and build community centered in the faith practices of the church: worship, prayer, devotions, bible study, service, caring conversation and hospitality; marking campers with significant rituals and traditions.
• We value and practice good stewardship of all God has put in our care: resources, facilities, and the whole of creation.
• We value, invite and welcome diversity in a welcoming and safe environment for all persons regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, cultures, countries, and faith expressions.
• We value growth and education, and will be a learning organization that is innovative and adaptive in our ministries.
• We are committed to excellence as an organization, being administratively exceptional and fiscally sustainable.
Lake Wapogasset Lutheran Bible Camp, Inc. is committed to principles that enable equal opportunity for participation in Christian education, spiritual, professional, psychological, social, and personal development. We welcome all people and do not tolerate behavior that discriminates based upon race, religion, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, age, or ancestry. Such conduct is demeaning, destructive and directly at odds with the Camp goal of fostering equity, mutual understanding and cooperation.
Situated on a 22 acre peninsula between Lake Wapogasset and Bear Trap Lake near Amery, WI, is Camp Wapo. For over 60 years, Camp Wapo has provided a place for youth and adults to be challenged and inspired to grow in their relationship with God. During the summer, daily activities include chapel, Bible study, cabin activity, free time, field games, all camp activity, campfire and a special nighttime worship. Not only does this site house over 300 campers each week in the summer, it is full of activity all year-round. The facilities include two large retreat centers, a dining facility and several cabins to house campers and retreaters while they are guests of the camp.
This is outdoor camping at its best with 270 acres of forest, three village sites, the Balsam Branch River, Ox Lake, and miles of horseback trails. Because the Ox Lake camp sites have limited electricity or running water, campers learn to appreciate living simply while turning their focus to God. Ox Lake is the perfect environment for small groups looking for a faith experience that will last a lifetime. The Ox Lake Challenge Course is another great feature of this site that emphasizes team and faith building activities using high and low ropes course elements.
- Our History
- Lake Wapogasset Lutheran Bible Camp (LWLBC) is a diverse camping ministry experience with sites in Wisconsin and Minnesota. With roots dating back to 1948, LWLBC has been a key place for faith exploration and development for the Twin Cities metro area and Northwest Wisconsin.